TERMS AND CONDITIONS :
- The applicant for the ‘ASUDEV ART SCHOLARSHIP’ should be a young and emerging artist under the age of 28 (as on 31st December in the year of application).
- The applicant for this Scholarship must be an Indian Citizen, and a domicile of Assam and currently a residing in India.
- The applicant should be admitted as a regular first year Post-Graduate/ Masters of Visual Arts, student and enrolled in a leading Indian Institute for Visual Arts accredited by the UGC and Government of India as a full time regular student Outside the State of Assam.
- A bonafide certificate on the Official stationery duly signed and sealed by the Faculty Head where the applicant is currently enrolled must be submitted in Original along with the application.
- A student enrolled in the qualifying year of Post Graduate or Master’s programme in Visual Art may also apply for the scholarship.
- The ‘ASUDEV ART SCHOLARSHIP’ will be earmarked initially for only one student every year. However in the event of non-applicant in any year, the scholarship amount will be awarded to either two boys or two girls if such a situation would arise in the subsequent year/years.
- The applicant must not be holding any other similar private or any Government scholarship or any other financial Award or aids during the same tenure of application.
- If a candidate has applied for the award earlier, he/she must submit a new body of work and re-apply in any consecutive year.
- The ‘ASUDEV ART SCHOLARSHIP’ winner shall present one of his/her Art Work (Exhibition ready) to the ‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’ as a souvenir for its permanent collection of the ‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’.
- A selection committee comprising of at least one of the Trustee members, the Secretary & the President, Gauhati Artists’ Guild or any nominated Executive member of Gauhati Artists’ Guild and two or three eminent personalities as mutually consented by the Trustee and Gauhati Artists’ Guild shall select the award winner on a mutually decided consensus on the basis of applicant’s Academic Merit and Individual achievements. The award of scholarship shall be restricted to the above criteria.
- A schedule for the application process will be announced on 15 August every year. All details for the application process will be shared through the Official website http://www.artofasudev.org
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
(Applicants shall send all written material type-written and in pdf. on a DVD.)
- Applicants special need for the award and what do he/she shall propose to do with the award money. Also, if the same will be used for a project in mind, which will be supported by the award, giving details regarding the project. (Not more than 300 words).
- Applicants shall include details of any/all Gallery shows that he/she had been a part of in a solo or group shows or is scheduled to be part of.
- An applicant shall send a maximum of 10 samples (prints of 5″X7″ size) of his/her work and on a CD / DVD only. You shall also send a hard copy set (Prints) of your works as mentioned above in case the disc does not open. All submission must be verified and certified by your Department Head to be your original and unaided work. The images must only be in the JPEG format and below 5 MB size. Images in TIFF should not be submitted.
- All works submitted by an applicant selected for the Award, shall be shared on the Official Website of the ‘Asudev Art Foundation’, and any publication, digital or print, and shared on the social media. However any such publication digital or print shall bear the Artist’s Credit and other details.
- The application will be disqualified if more than 10 images are submitted with the application.
- A recent certificate from your Department Head & Dean, certifying your Academic performance and recommendations and a Character & antecedent certificate must be submitted in Original.
- The CD/DVD containing your latest Curriculum Vitae with (date of birth, complete contact address, email id, and phone numbers), write-up and need for the award and a comprehensive list of works, achievements and any other scholarship/scholarship received.
- The award winner shall receive the award and the grant on the day of presentation only in person. The stay arrangement (only for the award winner) from the evening of 12 December to the forenoon of 14 December will be arranged by the ‘Asudev Art Foundation’. The travelling cost of the award winner will be restricted to AC 3 Tier on presentation of the tickets on travel by the shortest route from the place of study to Guwahati and return.
- An application form saved and downloaded before submitting the online application should be printed on A4 size paper on one side only and should be sent with 2 recent passport size photographs of size 5 X 5 cms,
- Details of Name, Family details, Educational qualifications, contact address, permanent address and residence proof, email id, mobile phone number, landline number and evidence of date of birth, Bonafide certificate from the Faculty pursuing Masters, Performance Report (Previous Qualifying result), Pan card Number, Bank Account Number & Branch address with IFSC Code. (Applicants shall attach self-attested Xerox copies of documents mentioned in application).
- A brief write-up giving details of present academic details and achievements at the time of application (Not more than 300 words).
- The ‘ASUDEV ART SCHOLARSHIP’ winner shall present one of his/her Art Work (Exhibition ready) to the ‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’ as a souvenir for the permanent collection of the ‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’.
- Only students domicile of Assam and currently enrolled in Post Graduate/ Masters in any stream viz. Painting /Applied Arts /Sculpture / Graphics etc. in any of the following Universities (Suggestive) are only eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal
- Sir J J Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai
- Benaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi
- Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata
- Government Art College, Kolkata
- College of Art, Delhi
- Shiv Nadar University
- Department of Fine Arts, Kurukshetra University
- Department of Fine Arts, Aligarh Muslim University
- Government College of Arts, Chandigarh
- Government College of Fine Arts, Chennai
- National Institute of Design, (Any centre)
- Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya
- Any other University. The above list is only suggestive
S C H E D U L E :
Date of Notification Through the Website / Advertisements / Faculty announcements / Social Media: 15 August of every year
Date of Last submission ONLINE: 20 September
Date of receipt of application forms by Post: 30 September
Screening & Selection: 05-15 October
Intimation of Results to the Award winner: 15-20 October
Award Function in Guwahati Assam: 13 December
Venue: Gauhati Artists’ Guild Chandmari Guwahati 781 003 Assam India
THE COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT THROUGH REGISTERED POST OR COURIER SO AS TO REACH THE ADDRESS BELOW, NOT LATER THAN 30 SEPTEMBER 2018.
‘ASUDEV ART FOUNDATION’
HOUSE NO.45 (FIRST FLOOR)
BARTHAKUR MILL ROAD
ULUBARI GUWAHATI 781 007
This link shall be active from 00:01 hrs on 15 August 2018 to 23:59 hrs of 20 September 2018. Applications must be first submitted online and the filled application along with all documents has to be sent to reach by 30 September 2018, for consideration for selection for the Scholarship.